1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch GunZ 2 Patchnotes: Patch 0.3 - 16/09/2013

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by p7s1MIKster, Sep 16, 2013.

1. p7s1MIKster

p7s1MIKster Community Manager

Clan:
    G2Staff
    Favorite Class:
    Shield Trooper
    [​IMG]

Notes for GunZ 2 Patch 0.3 are now available.

Updated September 16th 2013

General Game Changes
    • Durability of Tesla items has been reduced.
    • Duration of buffs will no longer be displayed in days but in seconds to give players a better grasp of when a buff actually expires.
    • Inventory is now separated in three top riders, which allow you to filter your equipment into All, Weapons and Outfit.
    • Levels required to unlock certain skills were adjusted.
    • Translation files were updated.
    • Profanity filter has been updated.
    Movement
    • Rapid Running has been added to all class.
      After performing a dash, hold "Move Forward" key for Rapid Running
    • When running up the wall, the character movement speed will no longer be decreased.
    • If character collides with a wall during a mid air dash, it will now be able to continue moving alongside the wall (wall jump or wall running).
    • Player is now able to reload during dash
    Camera
    • Camera positioning has been improved.
    • The camera will no longer collide with all objects.
    • From now on if the camera is placed behind an object, then the object will appear transparent.
    Bug Fixes
    • If host changes during the Campaign mode then following bugs should not occur:
    • NPC stay in one spot
    • During boss fight cutscenes, the camera position will no longer be stuck
    • Health of NPC’s will no longer be reduced
    • Boss monsters will no longer disappear
    • Status of players in spectator mode should now be displayed correctly.
    • Number of users waiting in lobby will now be displayed correctly.
    • Sometimes users were displayed as room creator even though they were not. This bug has been fixed.
    • After successfully launching an attack, change weapon motion would be cancelled, enabling the user to attack more rapidly in midair. This glitch has been fixed.
    • From now on the Change Weapon Key can be entered beforehand, so that as soon as a character is able to change the weapon, the weapon will be changed without any additional key input.
    • Melee combos and evades can be input beforehand, so as soon as a character is ready to perform a certain action, they will perform the action without any additional key input.
    • A bug has been fixed that if a player performed a launch attack using the right click button his character would freeze during the animation.
    • If a player changes his class while having an item equipped, it will no longer be equipped in the wrong slot.
    IInDeed and Desertigun like this.
  2. p7s1MIKster

p7s1MIKster Community Manager

Clan:
    G2Staff
    Favorite Class:
    Shield Trooper
    Dear GunZ 2 Community,
    We hope you like the changes we made in Patch 0.3. Also we heard your feedback on the lag problem and are working on this issue. But as you might imagine redesigning the complete hosting structure is time-consuming and thus we couldn’t be implemented in Patch 0.3. However rest assured it sits on top of our priority list.

If you know of an issue that is not being addresses in the patchnotes we would appreciate if you could inform us about it.

For suggestions on what should be changed concerning the design, gameplay and balancing, please head over to our suggestion forum: http://forum.gunz2.co.uk/forums/suggestions.10/

If you found a bug within the game please post about in detail on our support forum flagged as [Bug]: http://forum.gunz2.co.uk/forums/support.7/

Thanks for all the great feedback so far!
  3. iAltais

iAltais New Member

I think dashing is screwed, after Dash > Jump... i have to wait till i'll hit the ground before i can dash again.
    ijjiAngry likes this.
  4. Ahunk

Ahunk New Member

How can I play in full screen? .--.
  5. FluffyN

FluffyN Moderator

Hi Ahunk :D.
    the game itself is fullscreen, the lobby is on window,
    if you still see window mode while playing in a room go Options > Graphics > Screen Mode > Full Screen.
  6. ijjiAngry

ijjiAngry Well-Known Member

Ingame Nick:
    Angry
    Clan:
    Aura
    Favorite Class:
    Silent Avenger
    I really like the new walk function, but really, this new dash system isn't that good imo. Yes, it's the solution for the sudden breaks in between dashes, but the game feels really really slow now. I loved how you could dash super fast in each direction, now you're so slow.
    I dont want to bother you guys at all, i'm just saying. I really think you should restore the dash system of beta #1 and improve that, make it more fluent without the sudden breaks in between dashes, don't make it slow like this. For the rest you guys really did a great job, love the new looks of the characters aswell.

Edit - I'm also not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, it might be because of laggy servers, since in the post that MIKster provided it says nothing about making the dashes slower. Who knows.
    xKarly, RendM and Roowr like this.
  7. Ahunk

Ahunk New Member

Ah ! Got it, thank you ! But the lobby should also be able for full screen! Everything looks so small ! : )
  8. TestChar2

TestChar2 New Member

Hello, I asked a question when it comes to character screen efeckti confirmed, and the game has changed a little bit like the face of broken character 'How do I get it back Please Help me
  9. SilEnTEchOz

SilEnTEchOz Active Member

Ingame Nick:
    Dark
    Clan:
    Failure
    Is it just me or is dashing slower? o __o
    xKarly likes this.
  10. FluffyN

FluffyN Moderator

Hi TestChar2 :D.
    i also noticed that SA face thing we will check it up.
    Thanks for the feeedback!

We are checking it up.
  11. ijjiAngry

Ingame Nick:
    Angry
    Clan:
    Aura
    Favorite Class:
    Silent Avenger
    Yes, and I dont like it. They should use the dash system of beta 1 and end ur dashes with this float animation of beta 2 instead of just suddenly breaking ur dashes, that'd be perfect man..
    xKarly and Adeliadesu like this.
  12. profanerd

profanerd New Member

with the dashing as it is now, the game is officially 110% casual proof. no hope for any competitive elements now.
    ps cb1 was better
    Adeliadesu, Roowr and ijjiAngry like this.
  13. TestChar2

TestChar2 New Member

FluffyN Can you fix it ??
  14. iAltais

iAltais New Member

One question, why THE ONLY WAY to block sword is using this Z - bar ro something.
    I think it will be needed at least 10 times per 1 round, yet i will be able to do it once or twice.
    This game is more casual than competitive.
  15. FluffyN

FluffyN Moderator

We are forwarding your feedbacks to the appropriate persons
  16. Roowr

Roowr New Member

The bad:
    The new dash system Is ruining the Gunz experience on so many levels. It feels clumbsy and awkward when you use It, it's very slow, quite predictable movements and I dont feel like an action hero anymore. Im so dissapointed, seriously what were you guys expecting? Everyone loved "GunZ The Duel because" It was very fast paced and you could abuse so many different glitches to become a god. In" GunZ 2 beta 1" you had one of these two elements left which was the fast paced gameplay and now you have removed the only thing you had left.

The good:
    Character models are nice, tho I dont like the new avengers face. But apparently Im the only one. The tabs for the inventory was needed. I also like that you continue to work on the wallrunning movement as It's something I love to do, It felt really nice before and It feels even better now great job!
    profanerd, ijjiAngry and Adeliadesu like this.
  17. Ahunk

Ahunk New Member

The game is perfect ! I This is totally not a casual game, people just need to get used to it and discover new strategies
    I think they are just testing something diferent in the secound closed beta so they can find what exactly fits in the game : D
  18. ijjiAngry

Ingame Nick:
    Angry
    Clan:
    Aura
    Favorite Class:
    Silent Avenger
    I guess you didnt play CBT1. over there the game was perfect, except for the sudden breaks inbetween dashes, right now they wrecked that even more making the dashes so unbelievably slow.
    xKarly, Tarrende and profanerd like this.
  19. profanerd

profanerd New Member

amen
    ijjiAngry likes this.
  20. Adeliadesu

Adeliadesu Active Member

Yup, it actually feels really clunky and dashing is not comfortable at all... No idea if it's a bug or not but for the time being most vital thing about gunz is also the most broken one. Anyway guys, it's still beta so now it's time to make all the changes, fixes and sort the game out.
    ijjiAngry likes this.